Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Three-Cheese Queso


So I have a confession. I made this really yummy queso. So good, in fact, that I forgot to take the pictures after it was done...But, I'm guessing you all know what queso looks like, so I'm hoping you aren't too upset that this is not my best post, photo-wise.

I modified this from a recipe my friend Jourdan made. She was attempting to recreate Qdoba's queso, and stumbled upon a recipe close to this. I agreed with her findings that it wasn't Qdoba caliber, but it was delicious nonetheless!

This was a great side to Stacked Roasted Vegetable & Chicken Enchiladas, but would be perfect for entertaining guests while you're watching football, basketball (go IU!) or just hanging out. Try it! And let me know what cheeses you use in yours. :)

Three-Cheese Queso
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp, adapted from Jourdan Leigh & Concoctionista
Serves 4-6, depending on portions  
Pin It
Ingredients:
1 cup shreddred monterey jack cheese
1 cup sharp New York cheddar cheese (regular sharp cheddar is fine!)
1 cup shredded Wisconsin white cheddar cheese (regular white cheddar is fine!)
2-3 roasted poblano peppers (I used 1)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I didn't and mine was a bit too thin until I added more cheese)
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons ground garlic
optional seasonings:  salt, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper flakes

Directions: 
*Roast your pablano(s) in the oven under the broiler until skin is blackened and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes.

*Once cool, peel the skin off (it's very thin and translucent) and toss the stem and seeds. Dice roasted pepper(s) finely. 

*Shred cheeses.

*Combine all ingredients in crockpot/slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted. Thin with more milk or cream if necessary (wasn't for me). Taste and adjust seasonings.

*Serve hot from crockpot/slow cooker with tortilla chips.  


hello cheese...

shredded and ready

adding roasted poblano pepper

all mixed up and ready to cook for a couple hours!

2 comments:

  1. Um, queso lasts about five minutes in this house. I can't wait to try this one, even though it seems like it will do nothing to stave off our queso appetite! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finishing queso is never a problem in our house...John believes it's one of the main food groups :) You'll love this though. So easy thanks to the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...