Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Seared Salmon with Pesto


When I get home from the gym on Tuesday the last thing I want to do is cook dinner. Why? Because the wonderful instructor who leads the Dance Jam class always works us so hard that I am completely wiped. Enter this utterly simple, delicious and healthy meal that takes less than 15 minutes to put together!

I bought some frozen salmon (I always do because it's cheaper than fresh and still tastes great if you ask me) awhile back and, as usual, knew I wouldn't want to make a labor-intensive meal after my workout. So, Monday night I threw the salmon in the fridge to thaw overnight, and I also threw in the jar of Pesto I made a few weeks ago, allowing that to thaw overnight as well.

I threw the salmon on a pan for a few minutes and heated up the pesto, and, voila! A healthy and filling meal. (Don't worry, I made a great veggie side I'll post next!)

Seared Salmon with Pesto
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 2  
Pin It
Ingredients:
*2 salmon filets
*salt and pepper
*olive oil spray (or a drizzle of olive oil)
*pesto sauce (this recipe is foolproof and delicious!)

Preparation:
*Spray a skillet with olive oil spray, or drizzle some olive oil in the pan.  Allow the skillet to heat up (mine was on medium-high) a bit.

*Salt and pepper both sides of the salmon well.

*Place the salmon on the skillet, skin side down, and cook for a few minutes. (I just watched mine and flipped it when it seemed like it was cooked through halfway). Flip the salmon and cook the other side.

*Heat up the jar of pesto for 1-2 minutes in the microwave (or a small saucepan, but I was lazy).  (If you're making this the day of the salmon then I suggest making the pesto first and then putting the salmon on.)

*Plate the salmon and top with pesto sauce.

look how pretty that salmon is! and it was FROZEN!

Side one done

a little pesto on top...

sauteed veggies on the side...


mmm I want some more of this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...