Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Seared Mahi Mahi with Salsa Rossa


Remember how I told you this sauce was one of the best I've ever eaten? Well when I wanted to figure out something to do with some mahi mahi I bought at Trader Joe's, I knew that sauce would be fantastic.

Guess what? It was! In fact, after I got done taking some pictures, I sent my fish swimming in this sauce. Literally. It was completely covered and I loved every minute of it.  John devoured his, and I actually doubled the recipe to freeze some for a rainy day. I'm really getting into freezing sauces lately...Hmm...

For the record, you can't buy this sauce in a jar at the grocery store. My darling sister Meghan wanted to make the Chicken "Panini" with Basil and Mozzarella I made, but she didn't realize the sauce was homemade. So, she spent much time at the store looking for it. Alas, it was not found. So, click on the red Salsa Rossa link (ie the text that just said "Salsa Rossa" - ahem, Meghan).

My sister really is my best friend and I love her to death so hopefully she doesn't mind too much being the entertainment in this post...Love you Megs!

Seared Mahi Mahi with Salsa Rossa
Recipe by Call Me Mrs. Rapp
Serves 2  
Pin It
Ingredients:
*2-3 mahi mahi filets, depending on size
*juice of 1 1/2 lemons
*2 tablespoons olive oil
*salt and pepper
*Salsa Rossa (click link!)

Preparation:
*Put lemon juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk together. Place mahi mahi in there and cover. Put in fridge for at least 30 minutes. 

*Make salsa rossa!

*Take mahi mahi out of fridge. Clean out the same skillet you used for the salsa rossa with a paper towel. Heat to medium/medium-high heat and place fish on skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending how think your fish is).

*Serve with salsa rossa and rice.

Marinade...mine sat for about an hour in this, covered, in the fridge

searing away! Only a few minutes on each side



View from above

Get ready to go swimming... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...