Sunday, November 20, 2011

Peppercorn Ahi Tuna with Salsa Rossa


So I was going to publish a great post about these delicious carrot pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling, but it turns out I deleted the pictures before I uploaded them to my already typed post. Grrr. Frustrated to say the least.

Anyhoo, I decided that since I couldn't show you those amazing muffins I would have to settle with telling you about this insanely easy and tasty ahi tuna dish. I was at Trader Joe's last week and saw that they had frozen ahi tuna (2 steaks) for less than $5 total! I instantly picked them up, knowing I could throw together an easy tuna steak recipe.

I remembered that when I first made Salsa Rossa with Chicken "Paninis" with Mozzarella & Basil (yum!) that the salsa rossa was paired with seared ahi tuna. It just so happens that I had some frozen from the last time I made it, so I simply put it in the fridge when I put the tuna in the fridge to thaw overnight.

This was perfect. I now know why the sauce was originally paired with ahi tuna. Because it is amazing!! Not only was this ready super fast, but it tasted great. So filling yet healthy, which  is one of my favorite combinations. I also threw some frozen seared asparagus in the microwave and we had a perfect meal in under 10 minutes. I dare you to find something easier and healthier. Go ahead. :)

Peppercorn Ahi Tuna with Salsa Rossa
Recipe adapted from The Newlyweds' Cookbook
Serves 2
Pin It   

Ingredients:
*whole peppercorns, crushed (about 1 tablespoon)
*2 ahi tuna steaks
*salsa rossa
*olive oil
*salt and pepper

Preparation:
*Preheat a grill pan on high.

*Drizzle olive oil on the ahi tuna steaks and sprinkle with salt and crushed black peppercorns. Place the tuna steaks on the grill pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare. I cooked mine for about 2 1/2-3 minutes on each side and it was perfect.

*Heat salsa rossa in a small saucepan.

*When tuna is done, drizzle liberally with salsa rossa and serve with rice or a green side. Enjoy!

side one grilling

onto side too...looking good!

before salsa rossa...looks good, but eh...

instantly transformed

I could drown this in sauce

asparagus was the perfect side dish

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...