Monday, November 7, 2011

Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini Sticks


Welp, I planned to make zucchini chips, with the original recipe found here, with the adapted recipe found here, and I found it on...Pinterest! Then I saw this recipe on my friend Jourdan's blog, which she originally found here, and I decided to make hers to go with the Tomato Artichoke Soup that I made this weekend (amazinggg by the way!).

These were delicious. Perfectly roasted with toasted bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Not to mention they were awesome dunked in the tomato artichoke soup. I will definitely be making these again in the future.

Parmesan-Crusted Zucchini Sticks
Recipe by Closet Cooking
Yields about 10-12 sticks
Pin It  

Ingredients:
*1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used panko)
*1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (grated)
*1 teaspoon oregano
*1 pound zucchini/courgettes (sliced into sticks and pat dry)
*salt and pepper to taste
*1 egg (lightly beaten)

Preparation:
*Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

*Mix the bread crumbs, parmigiano reggiano and oregano in a bowl.

*Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.

*Dip the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.

*Place the zucchini on a baking sheet in a single layer with the skin side down.

*Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.

sliced zucchini

mixture...I ended up shredding some extra finely grated parmesan cheese because the thick kind wasn't sticking well...note my wedding rings in the background?? Took them off to mix the egg in!

Ready for the oven


Swimming in tomato artichoke soup with grilled cheese croutons

On their side...

served with tomato artichoke soup for dipping. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
I try to answer every comment, so please check back soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...